1) little description of you and what are you interests.
I am positive, passionate and open minded person with a warm heart, but not for everybody. my interests are singing, travelling, cooking, reading and surfing
2) When started your passion for music and singing? Who are the artists inspires you more?
It started when I was a 3 years old kid. My parents discovered a God given talent right away after they heard me singing with good low almost baritone voice, little parts from famous Verdi ares that I would hear from an opera concert.. Next step – they took me to the religious choir. Since that day i sing No matter when and where.
3) Beata you speak fluently Russian and Estonian language and we can say that you are a fusion between the two cultures, so musically what are the Estonian singers you respect more or you like more? And what the Russian singers instead?
To tell you the truth the only estonian song that I have in my itunes is Ott Lepland – Kuula, this song is really made on a good level and Ott definetly got some talent. Also I like Kerli and her music style. And I respect a lot the fact that coming from little estonian village she became a famous singer , got into Billboard and lives and works in LA now. What about russian – you will be surprised that there are not that many russian songs in my playlist either. So strange, I am constantly thinking about it… Such a big country, so much money and so few real talents and good singers. Paradox! I guess now our little world gone crazy on making money. So due to that fact in russian and english music i prefer old school. I am 80’s freak. I like Kino and Mashina Vremeni.
eesti laulja Beata Ushkovskaya
4) Experiences and places that changed your life or opened your mind.
This is a hard question to answer. I think it was a mix of places and cultures that I’ve seen in my life. Thanks to my parents and the way the brought me up, my mind was always opened as I remember myself.
5) A place you never been but inspires you for a next trip?
Jamaica! I want to go to the motherland of Bob Marley and reggae that somehow was one of my favourite music genre for a long time… Then Mexico and then comes France which I always kept for a special moment and special person in my life. My wish is actually to visit as many places as possible in the world. If I watch TV 90% of the time it is Travel Chanel and other 10% is somehow connected with travelling. One day I get inspired and try find more information about French polynesia other I am dreaming about myself climbing on some mountain in northern Norway. So all of them are inspiring somehow…
6) Generally talk about your taste and style.
I think it is a mix of glam and casual styles. Today I am a diva all in feathers and diamonds and tomorrow modest student with minimum make up, warm uggs and bege wool sweater. But i love details… Matching colores and mixing different styles is a lot of fun for me.
7) 3 shops where you buy clothes in Tallinn. (adding also why if there is a reason – 8)3 shoes shops you buys shoes in Tallinn. (adding also why if there is a reason) -9) 3 lingerie shops where you buy lingerie in Tallinn. (adding also why if there is a reason)
Answers on 7, 8 and 9. I prefer buying clothes and shoes abroad. If i shop In tallinn most of the time i go to stockmann’s third floor or Zara.
10) favourite parfums. (adding also why if there is a reason)
I have a lot of fragnancys ,but my favourite is Estee Lauder “pleasures”, it was one of my mother’s parfums and when i was around 13 i started to steal them from her sometimes. It reminds me of myself starting to become a lady. Also I love David Off “water”
11) how you keep in fit,little tricks and diet suggestion.
Best trick is to fall in love, and im not joking. By doing this I lost 7 kg in a couple of months ago without affecting my health and keep going on
12) favourite places you hang out in Tallinn
To tell you the truth I hardly hang out lately. I guess place I attend more is my university’s cafeteria. I like Butterfly Lounge and other 100 little cosy cafes in old town that we are so lucky to have in Tallinn.
13) favourite book
I have a lot of favourite books, but for me is such a big deal to read the book till the end. I can fall in love with a book, read it for two days and do nothing else, and leave one chapter or 20 last pages out of 400 and never finnish it. My favourite are still Sidney Sheldon’s detectievs and Colin McCalough’s “the thorn Birds”. also i love to read biographies of different famous people.
14) Beata you study business,so you are not only a charismatic singer as we know but you have interests connected with estonian economy and marketing. So I want to ask how you see Estonia in the next 5 years? Estonia is developing but is still strong the emigration in foreign countries,best brains and professionists move abroad… what´s your point of view? Have you personally considered the prospective to move abroad?
Thanks for the compliment! Its a huge question and i would love to tell you everything I think about it but it is gonna take too much time and space in interview and finally , unfortunately change nothing, so I will be brief.
First of all our country needs to think about investing money in production . In my opinion Estonia needs to Focus on putting more resources into this area and by this one shot you will kill two birds with one stone, have export and create a lot of new employment opportunities. Estonia used to have a lot (of production) during the time of the Soviet Union, even most of people hate this period in estonian history, they can not deny the fact that Estonia was producing textils, diary products, furnitures, ceramics etc. and all of this were on a very high quality level. And what do we have now?… Skype?!
I am planning to move abroad. As far as where I see estonia in 5 years, its a tough question to answer, I cant really predict a future. But i think Estonia has a lot of potential
15) Can you share with us a funny or plesant episode,memory,situation in your life?
I am so bad at memorysing funny moments in my life. I guess I have way more strange coincidences in my life. I will try to tell you some in next interview:)
*****We thank kindly Beata for this interview,unfortuantely she couldn´t stay more with us because she was preparing one show for tomorrow night (today 16.03.2013 for people is reading) in “Bon Bon Club” , Baile Bon event: http://www.facebook.com/events/149823561847784/
You can follow Beata in the following adresses:
Eesti laulja Beata